City and Guilds 3667 Basic Principles of Communications Cabling + City and Guilds 3667 Fibre Optic Cabling (Internal & External)
City and Guilds | 6 days
Offering you a training course with a difference – more theory which means more knowledge.
This training course is different to a number of others that you might have seen.
It provides delegates with the fundamental understanding and underpinning knowledge of communications cabling media, the different types of cabling systems in use and the methodologies that are essential for a full understanding of communications cabling, including the basic principles of network cabling systems.
In addition, the course covers the extensive underpinning knowledge and the essential installation skills that are needed to competently install, terminate and test fibre optic cabling that are installed internally & externally
This course is suitable for network installers, fibre optic cabling installers and engineers, who are seeking to enhance and validate their installation skills and and to show others that they are true professional.
This City and Guilds 3667 course is particularly applicable to other individuals who work in related industries; for example, electrical engineers, telecomms installers, indeed anyone who is wishing to increase and broaden their range of skills.
This combined City & Guilds 3667-02:101, 102 and 103 course is the recognised qualification for professional fibre optic cabling installers and is on the newly established UK’s qualifications framework
For the Basic Principles Section of the Course
- Introduction to communications cabling
- Health and Safety
- The application of communications cabling in the networking environment
- Current communications cabling terminology and standards
- Communications cabling bandwidths and performance
- Communications cabling transmission
- Common communications cabling components
- Communications cabling installation procedures and working practices
For the Fibre Optic Cabling in an External Environment Section of the Course
- Theory of Light
- Fibre optic transmission
- The ” how” and “why” fibre optic cabling is used in a datacomms environment
- How optical fibres work and the issues that can affect performance
- Current standards
- Identify fibre optic components and explain their uses
- Work safely with optical fibres in an external environment
- Follow recommended installation procedures and working practices
- Prepare fibre optic cabling for termination, and splicing
- Terminate fibre optic cabling by splicing onto “pigtails”
- Dressing fibre optic cabling into a patch panel
- Carry out fibre optic cable “dressing into a closure” procedure
- Loss budget calculations
- Test fibre optic installation using the OTDR.
- Interpret OTDR test results and complete client documentation
- Fibre optic fault finding
All candidates are assessed via a examination comprising of 3 individual examinations, comprising of 25 multiple choice questions – this is a “closed book” examination and is carried out using the computer based City and Guilds e-volve system.
All candidates are given their results at the end of the examination.
There is also a series of timed practical assessments covering installation practices on a simulated external & internal system.
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
This course leads to a fully accredited City and Guilds 101, 103 & 103 3667 level 2 qualification in the core module, Basic Principles of Communications Cabling plus Fibre Optic Cabling in an Internal & External Environment
Delegates are provided with full colour, comprehensive course manuals to work through during the course
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3667 Basic Principles of Communications Cabling + City and Guilds 3667 Data Cabling£916.00 +vat Select a Date
City & Guilds 3667 Basic Principles of Communications Cabling + City & Guilds 3667 Fibre Optic Cabling (Internal & External) + City & Guilds Copper Cabling in an Internal Environment£1,972.00 +vat Select a Date