City and Guilds 3667 Basic Principles of Communications Cabling + City and Guilds 3667 Data Cabling
City and Guilds | 4 days
Want to know more about Comms Cabling and how it works………….then this is just right for you!
This training course provides delegates with the fundamental understanding of cabling media and the basic theories that lie behind communications cabling, including the principles of network cabling system.
This course also covers comprehensively looks at the installation skills that are needed to competently install, terminate and test copper cabling for datacomms structured cabling data networks. It also looks at the theory and includes a jargon busting session……all in all, if you want to really know about all the “Cats” and “Classes”, then you are looking in the right place……….
This course has been given a 5 star rating
This course is suitable for datacomms engineers looking to prove their installation skills and professionalism.
It is particularly applicable to individuals, for example, electricians and telecomms engineers who wish to increase and broaden their range of skills.
This combined City & Guilds 3667-02:101 and 104 course is the recognised qualification for professional datacomms cabling and structured cabling installers and is on the newly established UK’s qualifications framework
For the Basic Principles Section of the Course:
- Introduction to communications cabling
- Health and Safety
- The application of communications cabling in the networking environment
- Current communications cabling terminology and standards
- Communications cabling bandwidths and performance
- Communications cabling transmission
- Common communications cabling components
- Communications cabling installation procedures and working practices
For the Datacomms (Copper) Section of this course:
- Current terminologies in use as applied to copper communication data cabling
- Health and Safety: copper data cabling in an internal environment
- Basic electrical theory and principles with reference to datacomms cabling
- Recommended data cabling installation procedures in accordance with standards
- Data cable presentations, i.e. RJ45 & RJ11
- Data cable performance categories (Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a)
- Termination of communication cabling
- Telephony installation using structured cabling
- Fault find copper communication data cabling
- Test cabling link performance against recognised standards
- Interpret test results
In addition, the course will also describe typical examples of applications where where particular categories of data cable can be deployed.
All candidates are assessed via a examination comprising of 2 individual examinations comprising of 50 multiple choice questions – this is an “closed book” examination and is carried out using the computer based City and Guilds e-volve system.
All candidates are given their results at the end of the examination.
There is also a series of timed practical assessments covering installation practices on a simulated datacomms network
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
This course leads to the full award and accredited level 2 qualification in the “Core” Module and Copper Cabling in an Internal Environment
Delegates are provided with a full colour comprehensive course manual to work through during the course.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3667 Basic Principles of Communications Cabling + City and Guilds 3667 Fibre Optic Cabling (Internal & External)£1,247.00 +vat Select a Date
City & Guilds 3667 Basic Principles of Communications Cabling + City & Guilds 3667 Fibre Optic Cabling (Internal & External) + City & Guilds Copper Cabling in an Internal Environment£1,972.00 +vat Select a Date