City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Units 301 & 302: Level 3 Safe Working Practices & Behaviours and Telecoms Fundamentals (Core Modules)
City and Guilds Level 3 | 2 days
To gain the Level 3 Certificate in Communications Cabling delegates must complete these two mandatory units (301 and 302) plus one unit from optional units (303 – 311). A total of three units are required to achieve this full qualification.
Unit 301: The aim of this unit is to enable delegates to gain an understanding of the safety, to develop and increase the knowledge required for safety, including safe working practices and behaviours, whether working in an internal network and in the external network, including underground, overhead and the public highway.
Unit 302: The aim of this unit is to enable delegates to gain an understanding of the fundamental of telecoms transmission technologies.
Unit 301: Safe Working Practices and Behaviours:
- Describe the primary safety legislation and safety regulations relevant to the communications cabling and telecommunications industry.
- Describe key factors of health and safety, personal health and wellbeing
- Describe comprehensive risk assessments, method statements and permit to work in all aspects of underground, overhead and internal networks.
- The principles of conducting a site survey
- Describe and produce a plan for a road works guarding configuration set up
- Describe the deployment of road works guarding in accordance with a site plan.
- Confined spaces including underground chamber safety access
- Responding appropriately to emergencies.
- Working at heights including electrical hazards
- Describe and identify asbestos hazards and legal requirements
- Describe and identify the correct fire stopping materials as appropriate
- Describe the SSOW: safe system of work for voltage/metal/stud detection to identify hidden services and the selection of a safe place to drill.
- Describe processes for carrying out effective communication with customers appropriately.
- Describe the processes for effective communication with peers
- Describe the processes for effective communication with manager.
Unit 302: Telecoms Fundamentals:
- Describe the characteristics of transmission technologies
- Describe the applications in digital networks.
- Describe the uses of different types of media associated with data and telecommunications networks.
- Describe the characteristics of different media that are used as part of data and telecommunications networks.
- Describe data transmission methods used as part of data and telecommunications networks.
- Describe the role of the organisations that are responsible for establishing telecoms and data network standards
- Describe the layers of the OSI model and function of each layer, referencing the TCP/IP model.
- Describe the purpose of standards associated with data and telecommunications networks
- Describe the role of protocols in data and telecommunications networks.
Candidates are individually assessed by a number of timed assignments.
All candidates associated assignments are marked internally by a nominated and City and Guilds approved assessor.
These assignments will be subject to a quality audit by the awarding body
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 307 Level 3 Fibre Characterisation inc. Fault Finding & Diagnostics£750.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 02, Unit 202 Level 2 Fibre Optic Cabling£905.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 306 Level 3 Structured Cabling and Enterprise Networks£699.00 +vat Select a Date