City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 309 & 310 Level 3 Design and Planning Internal & External Enterprise Networks
City and Guilds Level 3 | 5 days
This 5 Day Intense Design and Planning Internal Enterprise Networks Unit 309 & 310 aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the industry standards, requirements and other considerations, when designing and planning internal and external enterprise networks.
Delegates will develop further knowledge and have a greater practical understanding of the various techniques, skills and documentation that are necessary for planning local area networks and enterprise networks. In addition, delegates will enhance and develop a significant understanding of the Health and Safety legislations, codes of practice and relevant standards, which are fundamental for conducting all on-site surveys and risk assessments as part of the design and planning process.
As part of planning processes, delegates will gain a significant understanding of the correct procedures, when designing a network using other licensed operators’ infrastructure including distribution network operator (DNO) overhead networks and Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA). Delegates will consider in depth, dedicated “stand alone” network designs, including local planning considerations etc, alongside and cost control/project management.
UNIT 309 EXTERNAL:
- Describe and interpret topological designs for fibre optic networks
- Describe and explain network planning decisions when scoping work
- Interpret a plan and prepare a preliminary site survey using assured routes, for both underground and overhead networks
- Identify predesigned network routes including the placement of network furniture
- Identify network dimensioning to ensure efficient fibre distribution and network coverage.
- Describe the hazards and controls associated with various environmental conditions
- Describe the standards, legislation and regulations which apply when undertaking site surveys.
- Describe and gather sufficient technical and regulatory information to be able to identify availability and feasibility of proposed routes
- Plan the collection of information in a time scale suitable for achieving demand
- Interpret information, access, and import evidence into an equivalent Generic Network Mapping System.
- Prepare and produce planning documentation in accordance with standards and demand
UNIT 310 INTERNAL:
- Describe information that can be obtained from as built records/site plans
- Describe information that can be obtained from utility duct/riser/cable containment site plans
- Describe information that can be obtained from cable and rack layout diagrams
- Describe the requirements which should be considered when undertaking a preliminary internal survey
- Interpret and identify existing cable infrastructure that must be included as part of a survey
- Describe hazards and risk associated with environmental conditions which should be included in site surveys
- Describe the standards, legislation and regulations which apply when undertaking site surveys
- Explain and use a range of digital software in design and planning, i.e., project management, produce schematic diagrams etc.
- Explain and produce planning documentation to meet specified client/site requirements
- Produce supporting documentation and final plan
Candidates are individually assessed by a number of timed assignments.
All candidates associated assignments are marked internally by a nominated and City and Guilds approved assessor.
These assignments will be subject to a quality audit by the awarding body
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 310 Level 3 Design and Planning Internal Enterprise Networks Full Award with Core Modules Included£1,499.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 309 Level 3 Design and Planning External Enterprise Networks Full Award with Core Modules Included£1,499.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 309 & 310 Level 3 Design and Planning Internal & External Enterprise Networks Full Award with Core Modules Included£2,700.00 +vat Select a Date