City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 306 Level 3 Structured Cabling and Enterprise Networks
City and Guilds Level 3 | 2 days
This 2 Day Structured Cabling Unit 306 course aims to give delegates the skills to analyse the equipment, standards and protocols used in data networks.
With businesses and organisations now more dependent on cloud-based technologies there is an imperative for an enhanced knowledge of network cabling and other supportive elements of the infrastructure. These elements will be comprehensively covered within this unit.
Delegates will be able to apply their knowledge of theories, models and structures gained from this unit and other units to implement a data network including internal and external infrastructure.
- Describe and select different cable types, connectors and their associated specifications.
- Describe the cable categories and classes/ratings of structured communications cabling
- Describe and select cable types depending on factors such as the environment, bandwidth and other considerations, i.e., PoE, application etc.
- describe and apply current national and international protocols and standards in data networks
- Describe and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of building regulations
- Describe and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of fire rating/performance including CPR/UKAS classifications
- Describe the purpose and function of cable components used in data networks, i.e., patch panels, access points etc
- Describe the purpose of hardware used in data networks, i.e., cabinets, containment etc.
- Describe power and data segregation in a variety of environments
- Describe and explain the need for grounding and bonding in a variety of environments, referencing BS EN 50310/BS EN 62305
- Describe and apply test parameters using graphical data to two protocols and standards
- Describe, explain and follow appropriate processes, using the appropriate test equipment to fault find, trouble-shoot and rectify.
- describe and use proprietary cloud-based platforms for data storage/projects
- describe test results and any other supporting documentation
- Explain processes involved in handover submission and completion of work/project
Candidates are individually assessed by a number of timed assignments.
All candidates associated assignments are marked internally by a nominated and City and Guilds approved assessor.
These assignments will be subject to a quality audit by the awarding body
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
Foundation Course: Introduction to Datacomms Cabling£275.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 02, Unit 203: Level 2 Structured Cabling & Enterprise Networks£605.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Units 301 & 302: Level 3 Safe Working Practices & Behaviours and Telecoms Fundamentals (Core Modules)£275.00 +vat Select a Date