City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 305 Level 3 Passive Optical Networks (PON)
City and Guilds Level 3 | 3 days
The aim of this 3 Day Passive Optical Networks (PON) Unit 305 is to give delegates the opportunity to carry out the evaluation needed for the deployment of passive optical network technologies and become conversant with terminologies as used in passive optical network systems.
Delegates can use this unit to develop and enhance their underpinning knowledge and understanding that is driving the global deployment of fibre to the home/office between the central office/telephone exchange/head-end and its subscribers using passive optical networks.
Delegates will also be given the opportunity to explore and describe the passive components employed in PON network implementation. There is a practical element to this unit which will cover the key elements of the correct installation practices and the testing of the external cabling to the customer premises.
- Describe the uses passive optical network technologies
- Describe the impact of last mile limitations
- Describe the features of passive optical networks
- Describe passive optical network technologies
- Describe the purpose of fibre to home technology
- Describe and identify the fibre to home wavelengths
- Describe the passive optical network topologies
- Describe the purpose of time division multiple access.
- Describe and demonstrate overhead delivery when using components of PON topologies
- Describe and demonstrate underground delivery when using components of PON topologies.
- Describe and explain standards affecting network performance
- Describe the use of proof connectivity technologies
- Carry out a calculation to determine a loss budget for a fibre to home PON system
- Describe the importance of equipment location
- Describe and demonstrate different installation methods
- Describe the purpose of optical network distribution
- Describe the overall PON testing methodology
- Describe and demonstrate the use of test equipment
Candidates are individually assessed by a number of timed assignments.
All candidates associated assignments are marked internally by a nominated and City and Guilds approved assessor.
These assignments will be subject to a quality audit by the awarding body
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3668 – 02, Unit 202 Level 2 Fibre Optic Cabling£905.00 +vat Select a Date
UPDATE From C&G 3667 to C&G 3668: Level 2 Principles of Communications Cabling & Fibre Optic Cabling£599.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 307 Level 3 Fibre Characterisation inc. Fault Finding & Diagnostics£750.00 +vat Select a Date