City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 304 Level 3 Air Blown Fibre Technologies
City and Guilds Level 3 | 4 days
Blown Fibre, sometime referred to as “Air Blown Fibre” offers network installers, rapid deployment as well as some cost savings. The use of blown fibre has seen rapid growth, especially in the installation of FTTH and FTTP
This intensive 5 Day training course will provide delegates with the knowledge, installation, and testing skills that are needed to successfully install an airblown external fibre network
This City and Guilds 3668 level 3 Unit, known as unit 304 is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding of blown fibre network planning, the risk assessments and initial functional checks. It also covers the processes involved in microtrenching, reinstatement, and the installation of microducts. The installation of ancillary equipment, functional testing of the installed microducts and the “blowing” in of blown cable is part of this intensive unit. The unit embraces the termination and testing of the fibre optic link(s) into nodes/equipment racks and customer interfaces. Please note that this assessment would usually take place in an indoor/external environment involving primarily single-mode, at multiple split wavelengths end to end cabling
This course will help and benefit delegates who are seeking to either enter into the blown fibre installation industry or those that are already installing blown fibre and wish to obtain a nationally recognised qualification
- Conduct a Risk Assessment with appraisal of all Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical and machinery.
- Carry out a safety check, a visual check and functional check in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and local risk assessment.
- Interpret customer documentation, scoping documentation and any other relevant information
- Create a list of material requirements for project.
- Select microduct as appropriate, following manufacturers duct capacity recommendations
- Build/excavate trenching to lengths as per site plan as appropriate
- Install microducting system with seals/couplers
- Reinstate/backfill e a trench to customer/manufacturers standards.
- Carry out further functional check on blowing equipment as appropriate
- Carry out pressure test, flow test and continuity test
- Carry out safe operation the blowing machines/compressors and install cables/fibre bundles into microducts to create links as per the site plan
- Install enclosures/nodes as appropriate including splitter node
- Appraise/select a range of connectors as customer requirements/or as specified
- Prepare, manage (dressing) all fibre ends and conduct fusion splicing in each of the specified nodes and/or splice point at customer’s site as specified in site plan
- Consider loss/power budgeting at multiple wavelengths as per PON/GPON
- Carry out all functional stage 1 and stage testing
- Create handover documentation with full test schedule
Candidates are individually assessed by a number of timed assessments.
All candidates associated assessments are marked internally by a nominated and City and Guilds approved assessor.
These assessments will be subject to a quality audit by the awarding body
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
Delegates are provided with a full colour comprehensive course manual to work through during the course.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600