City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 303 Level 3 Fibre Optic Cabling
City and Guilds Level 3 | 3 days
This 3 Day Fibre Optic Cabling Unit 303 course aims to provide the delegate with the opportunity to evaluate the most appropriate fibre optic cabling that are commonly available in the communications cabling industry.
Delegates will develop their knowledge and understanding of different types of fibre, their uses and some of the standards associated with them.
Delegates will also build upon their knowledge of fibre testing techniques and when these are applied.
- Describe and explain the advantages and disadvantages of different fibre optic types according to their specifications
- describe the different transmitting characteristics for different types of cabling.
- Evaluate and describe the transmission characteristics, operating parameters of fibre optic cables and their appropriate uses.
- Describe and identify the different characteristics of types of fibre optic cable, i.e., G651 (MM) G652 etc
- Describe the usage fibre optics cable and explain operational considerations, i.e., bandwidth, attenuation, nodes, splitters etc, including effects on anticipated performance.
- Describe and explain the appropriate fibre optic cabling standards, both national and international
- select and explain testing methodologies in fibre optic cabling; i.e., VFL/VLS, end face inspection (and criteria used) OLTS, OTDR, COOTDR, CD, PMD, OSA etc.
- Note: there is a practical assessment to be undertaken as part of achieving this
Candidates are individually assessed by a number of timed assessments.
All candidates associated assessments are marked internally by a nominated and City and Guilds approved assessor.
These assessments will be subject to a quality audit by the awarding body
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Unit 305 Level 3 Passive Optical Networks (PON)£935.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Units 301 & 302: Level 3 Safe Working Practices & Behaviours and Telecoms Fundamentals (Core Modules)£275.00 +vat Select a Date
Foundation Course: Introduction to Fibre Optic Cabling£275.00 +vat Select a Date