City and Guilds 3668 – 02, Unit 201 & 203: Level 2 Principles of Communications Cabling & Structured Cabling and Enterprise Networks
City and Guilds Level 2 | 4 days
This training course leads to and industry recognised qualification. Gain the knowledge and skills required during your training within the network infrastructure (communications cabling) industry for specific job roles
The purpose of the mandatory unit is for learners to develop their knowledge and understand of safe working practices including basic principles required to work in the telecommunications industry.
Unit 203 aims to provide the learner with the knowledge and understanding of health and safety, standards, installation procedures and testing of copper communication cables in an internal environment.
This course is aimed at datacomms engineers looking to prove their installation skills and professionalism. It is also applicable to individuals who are in allied trades, for example, electricians and telecomms engineers who wish to increase and broaden their range of skills.
This City & Guilds 3668-02: course is the recognised qualification for professional datacomms cabling and structured cabling installers and is on the established UK’s regulated qualifications framework (RQF)
- Introduction to communications cabling
- Health and Safety
- The application of communications cabling in the networking environment
- Current communications cabling terminology and standards
- Communications cabling bandwidths and performance
- Communications cabling transmission
- Common communications cabling components
- Communications cabling installation procedures and working practices
Structured Cabling Module
- Current terminologies in use as applied to copper communication data cabling
- Health and Safety: copper data cabling in an internal environment
- Basic electrical theory and principles with reference to datacomms cabling
- Recommended data cabling installation procedures in accordance with standards
- Data cable presentations, i.e. RJ45, Keystone Jack.
- Data cable performance categories (Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a) ISO Class D, E, Ea, F, Fa
- Termination of communication cabling
- Telephony installation, Cable tracing, Jumpering & Testing.
- Fault find copper communication data cabling
- Testing cabling link performance against recognised standards
- Interpret test results
“In addition, the course will also describe typical examples of applications where particular categories of data cable can be deployed”
All candidates are assessed via 30 multiple choice questions per unit – this is a “closed book” examination and is carried out using the computer based City and Guilds e-volve system.
All candidates are given their results at the end of the examination
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
To Download the C&G 3668-201 Course Manual please click HERE
To Download the C&G 3668-203 Course Manual please click HERE
These manuals are Password Protected and you will be given the Password when you arrive for your course.
Please note, we have classroom Hard Copies available for your use during the duration of the course.
This course leads to a fully accredited level 2 qualification in City and Guilds 3668-02
Delegates are provided with a comprehensive course manual to work through during the course.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Level 3 Fibre Optic & Structured Cabling Full Award with Core Modules Included£1,600.00 +vat Select a Date
City and Guilds 3668 – 03, Level 3 Fibre Optic Cabling Full Award with Core Modules Included£999.00 +vat Select a Date
UPDATE From C&G 3667 to C&G 3668: Level 2 Principles of Communications Cabling & Structured Cabling£399.00 +vat Select a Date