City and Guilds 3667 – 03, Unit 301, 304 & 3667-02 Units 102 & 103
City and Guilds | 5 days
The ultimate Design and Planning training course for the Fibre Optic & Copper Cabling installation industry.
For the first time ever in the UK, you can get totally trained in the concepts, ideas and technologies invloved in designing a future proofed Communications Cabling System.
City & Guilds 3667-03 Units 301 & 304
City & Guilds 3667-02 Unist 102 & 103
This course and award is aimed at those who are involved in comms cabling infrastructure installations, or are involved at the design stage – or simply consider themselves to be a “networks” professional.
This course is really the ultimate “pathway” for individuals who want to further enhance their professional standing and potentially, increase their career prospects or simply would like to enhance their underpinning knowledge.
Both IT network professionals and those that are involved in planning comms infrastructure projects will benefit from attending this Level 3 Certificate in Designing and Planning Communications Networks (3667-03)
- Common definitions in use in the communications cabling industry
- Common classes and standards used in the communications cabling industry
- Ethernet Standards; LAN’s, WAN’s, MAN’s
- The support infrastructure: comms rooms, comms cabinets cable ducting, chambers, trays, baskets, trunking, support poles
- Infrastructure environments
- Common communications cabling Ethernet classes in use
- Underground carrier networks
- Overhead carrier networks
- Radio carrier networks
- Satellite carrier networks
- Free space optical carrier networks
- Internal carrier networks: structured cabling
- Design considerations on the internal physical network
- Design considerations on the external physical network
- Local and strategic planning considerations
- Project cost analysis
- Project management including critical paths and non critical paths
- Customer cable engineering liaison
All candidates are assessed via a 2 hour written examination paper comprising of 15 short written answers.
This examination is a “closed book” examination and is normally carried out at the end of the formal training sessions.
*All written examinations are marked externally by a City and Guilds examiners. City and Guilds normally release delegate results within 45 working days upon submission of verified examination papers.
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all examination fees.
This course leads to a fully accredited level 3 qualification in City and Guilds 3667-03 301 Concepts of designing and planning a network cabling infrastructure.
Throughout the course, delegates are provided with expert training and advice, plus all delegates will be given a comprehensive course manual to work through during the course.
Please note we strongly advise that all delegates hold a successful pass in the 3667 – 02 core module plus one successful pass in one of the optional modules.
Our pledge to you is that Total Comms Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.
International customers can reach us at +44 (0) 1279 426600